Sunday 15 December 2013

Christmas gift ideas - DIY hamper

The run up to Christmas is hard enough without having to worry about what individual gifts to buy each member of the family, especially with the days zooming by and the big day approaching faster than you can count. This is where my idea of a personal hamper made in your very own hands falls into place. I loved the idea of this as soon as I saw the beautiful baskets made by various people I know previously in the past and this year, I knew I had to gather the goods and get working on a distinctive hamper with all my mum's favourite things topped with the glitz and glamorous decorations. 

What you'll need: 
- A Basket
- Tissue Paper
- Shredded Tissue Paper
- Decorative items of choice
- Cellophane
- Ribbon
- Scissors
- Sellotape

The preparation is simple enough, buy a basket from any local warehouse or bargain shops, top up with your own preferential decorations which can be bought from most card and birthday shops and then be rearranged according to the size, shape and angle of the products as you start to add them into your hamper. Then once finished, give yourself time to perfect the cellophane, which does require patience and a steady hand as it can be tricky to hold it into place as you wrap it around the complete basket, which is where the sellotape comes in (there are also tutorials online you can search). Once that is done, tie the top with the ribbon of your choice and either curl the ends of that or like I did, cheat and buy a ready made bunch of ribbon to stick on. 

It's an easy creation which may look like it's taken a huge chunk of your time up but truth be told, it hasn't at all. It adds to that novelty and excitement of buying gifts but not to just wrap and forget about, to include in the hamper which becomes greatly admired and appreciated by your loved one with the effort and thought you have put in. You can make it as special as you want to and set a theme according to what the person enjoys and what their hobbies are (e.g. beauty, food, gardening). It's the unique touch to the hamper that makes all the difference to fabricate the perfect present. 

Products/items featured:
After Eight Chocolates - Morrisons
Mini Bucks Fizz and Chocolate Set - JTF
Beauticology Foot Cream Set - Asda
Yves Rocher Cocoa and Pistachio Nut Handcream - eBay
Body Butter Set - Bodycare
MAC Smoulder Black Kohl Eyeliner - eBay
Shea Shower and Moisture Christmas Set - The Body Shop
Cupcake Candle - Primark via eBay
Pink Sweet Candle - Primark
'To My Mum' Card - Asda
Basket - B&M's
Tissue paper (both shredded and sheets) - Card Factory
Decorative Bows - Card Factory
Star Tinsel - Card Factory
Ribbon - Card Factory
Cellophane - JTF 

As you can see, I'm not professional, nor does it look like anything a professional would produce but I am pleased I have succeeded in my plans to design the hamper and hopefully my mum will be happy with the final piece of her which will be sat under the tree on Christmas day. I hope it will be useful to at least one of you to get that last minute gift quickly sorted!

Lots of love...

Share:

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think it's such a good substitue for a present x

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute idea! I did something similar for my friend's birthday :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's lovely, I think your friends and family always appreciate it when you put effort into their gifts :) xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute idea! I did something similar for Tyler for his birthday a few years ago and he loved it! Great gift idea!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aww that's lovely, it's always a bonus when the person loves what you've done! xx

      Delete
  4. this looks amazing - i bet your mum will love it! i really want to try it, but i struggle to wrap a present as it is, haha!
    becky xx

    beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope she does! Haha well I know wrapping presents is not everybody's expertise but with a bit of practice, you could get the hang of it! xx

      Delete
  5. This is so lovely and looks amazing! Bet she loved it :)
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas xx

    http://teacupsandbluebells.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, lovely :) thankfully she did love it and she didn't want to open it because it would spoil the decoration haha! I had a blast thank you, hope you did too and here's to a happy and healthy 2014! Lots of love xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig