Friday 27 June 2014

Dressed in black, from head to toe

Hat - H&M | Playsuit - H&M | Crop Top - Primark | Boots - Primark via Depop

Just a quick post today as I'm literally running around like a headless chicken trying to sort out and try and remember the last bits and bobs for my holiday to Spain tomorrow! Although, at the same time, I'm having this urge to blog as all these brainwaves keep washing over me (not the right time, brain!). I did have ideas to draft and schedule a few posts whilst I'm away but I never got the time so that means my blog will be completely isolated for 17 days (argh!). Not to worry though, laying in the sun without a care in the world will give me time to plan posts for when I'm back. I was thinking of creating a kind of holiday outfit diary/portfolio whilst I'm away. Every night, I'll take a quick shot (or my brother and his photography skills will, may I say) of what I'm wearing before we head out and then put them all into one post once I'm home and the holiday blues are over (or maybe not as that will most likely take a while!). If that sounds like something you'd like to see, do let me know! If not, I'll just completely scrap the idea. 

Anyway, moving on to the outfit details. I don't know what it is about hats, but I seem to have become strangely attached to them recently. Especially this black bowler, it's become my latest staple piece. It can be worn with almost anything and is a saviour for my bad hair days! I do prefer to colour coordinate it with another black item of clothing, or shoes, or accessories as you can see I've done here (because let's face it, you can never go wrong with black). This H&M cami playsuit is perfect for wearing alone or layering up, which makes it ideal for when the weather can't decide what it's doing and as for the boots, I don't think I really need an explanation. There's just no getting away from wearing boots all year round, right?

Despite how excited I am about getting away from the same old rubbish, I'm going to be lost without the internet for such a long amount of time. It's kind of just become the norm for our generation to become so dependent on technology so you feel all stressy and paranoid when you're not able to check up on anything and fear you're missing out. I'll miss blogging for a while but it's not as though I'm saying goodbye forever so I'll try not to withdraw that much ;). Hope you all enjoy your couple of weeks whatever you have planned (even if you're just at home, school or working) and I shall catch up with you very soon!

Share:

1 comment

  1. I really want a hat like that! I used to have one (kind of) but then my sister demanded to have it back..it looks so nice on you! Hope you have a good holiday!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig