Tuesday 4 November 2014

What I wore: the basics ft DressKode jeans*

Jeans - c/o Dress Kode* | Jumper - Forever 21 | Hat - Primark | Boots - Forever 21

As I opened my pretty pink package when I collected it from the sorting office (my excuse for the late post, I'm sorry) I was in for a pleasant surprise. DressKode kindly sent me these Black High Waisted Button Jeans* but they weren't just your normal pair of skinnies, they came with a twist. I've never seen jeans like these before, with the unique corset style criss cross detail on the back but I am so in love with them. They fit like a dream, they're so comfortable (despite how long the trail of buttons are), they're so versatile and can be styled up or down.

For me, I decided to style these lovely jeans in a basic manner. A fine knit jumper, a fedora and my beloved ankle boots and I was good to go. I do have a love/hate relationship with jeans and in honesty, I don't own many pairs nor do I wear them often. The main reason for this is my odd body proportion (I'm sure you know what I mean seen as I speak about this issue whenever I do find a pair of trousers that fit in all directions and it feels like Christmas has come early). High waisted jeans are my favourite kind as they can be worn with a crop top or just with a jumper slouched over the top. I can't say I've had much experience with super high waisted jeans that reach the middle, they're absolutely fine when you haven't had much to eat but after too much pizza and custard cream snacking (which I'm often known guilty for) I think squeezing into these and fastening them right to the top may prove a struggle. None the less, they're very flattering on my figure (which is the bottom heavy kind) and I do think they'd be suitable for all body types. A massive bonus being the extra tightness acting as a suction for the unwanted flabby bits. These jeans maintain a posture and make my legs look longer they are - something I'll always leap and praise for!



*these jeans were sent as a sample for me to review

Share:

7 comments

  1. I love simple looks like this, the jeans look great on you. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail on those high waisted jeans is really eye catching, and a great way to add dimension! Love the look :) xx

    Blog With Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those high waisted jeans look great on you! I find I look a bit odd in high-waisted stuff, haha. That knit is really nice as well! Simple but cute outfit :)

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic look. Love the high waisted jeans and the hat

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love high wasted jeans but I've never seen pair with this corset feature on the back - stunning and so unique! Your accessories are beautiful, they go perfectly with this look.

    Roxie
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool pants, love that detail on the back - so edgt :) You looked amazing!

    Melane | Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute outfit! Digging the details on the jeans :)

    Bf Gf Does Blogging

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig